■ The project / HowToBuild ? / Samples page / History / Licence / Changes log
What is Yayi?
Yayi is a open-source image processing framework, which particularly focuses on Mathematical Morphology operators. It is released under the very
permissive Boost licence.
The core of Yayi is entirely written in C++, mainly using templatized code and metaprogramming, which enables a high level of genericity. It implements some of the main concepts
of Mathematical Morphology into an efficient and proven design.
Yayi aims at providing robust, efficient and flexible algorithms for image analysis, but also reference algorithms for Mathematical Morphology.
Among its main features, one can cite:
- Multidimensional and multispectral image processing and MM structures (coordinates and pixels are templatized over their type respectively)
- Algorithms are written in a multidimensional and multispectral fashion (orders are parameters)
- Classical useful structures are included: graphs, trees, histograms, ...
- Several types of structuring elements are provided: compile-time SE, runtime SE, functional SE, ...
- Yayi includes a dispatching mechanism for creating compiled libraries over a large combinations of the templates input types
Yayi can be used in three different ways:
- C++ templates: for easy access to the structures and the functions, leveraging the full power of the library with your own needs
- C++ interface: preserving most of the power of Yayi (limited number of available types), allowing Yayi to be embedded
into any C++ program in a very simple way, and fast to compile.
- Python interface: preserving most of the power of Yayi and specially dedicated for algorithmic developments
and prototyping, and/or fast testing, and/or education (integrated shells), ...
I develop Yayi during my spare time and your feedback will be very much appreciated! (my email: replace the second '.' of the address of this page by an '@')
You can subscribe to Yayi's google group at the following address: http://groups.google.com/group/yayi-morphology
(or directly below) to stay up-to-date with Yayi developments.
Downloads and Latest news
Current development tag is "What is this cute blue monster with this enormous mounth?". Things
are getting more interesting lately! A lot of functionalities and bugfixes were added in the last v0.03 release.
After having downloaded Yayi source code, take a look at this section for build instructions.
The source code
New version on 09.02.2010!
Take a look at the change logs!
automated release part<-->
- Release 'v0.07.2 Hit-or-miss, levelings, neighborhood processing (SVN 1043)':
yayi_release_2010_09_02.tar.bz2 -- SHA1 '1DF0F132A1B74C9FF84E24D049B2DEC9340BD664'
- Release 'v0.04 Graph structure, new pixelwise processor, window operations and more morphology! (SVN 654)':
yayi_release_2010_03_08.tar.bz2 -- SHA1 'A72FDCE4E6D06302273D0B8A104B168D7BD1AABC'
end automated release part<-->
| Subscribe to Yayi morphology group